SECRETS TO SUCCESS
This past week I read an article from Investors Business (IBD) on the ten secrets to success which I have borrow and listed below with my comments.
- HOW YOU THINK IS EVERYTHING: Always be positive. Think success, not failure. Beware of a negative environment. In other words, “you become what you think about.”
- DECIDE UPON YOUR TRUE DREAMS AND GOALS: Write down your specific goals and develop a plan to reach them. Write as much details as you can and update as needed.
- TAKE ACTION: Goals are nothing without action. Don’t be afraid to get started. Just do it. There is more risk by doing nothing.
- NEVER STOP LEARNING: Go back to school or read books. Get training and acquire skills. There is a mountain of material for free available on the internet.
- BE PERSISTENT ANDWORKHARD: Success is a marathon, not a sprint. Never give up. . You are only a failure when you quit.
- LEARN TO ANALYZE DETAILS: Get all the facts, all the input. Learn from your mistakes.
- FOCUS YOUR TIME AND MONEY: Don’t let other people or things distract you. Time is money, don’t waste it.
- DON’T BE AFRAID TO INNOVATE; BE DIFFERENT: Following the herd is a sure way to mediocrity. Sure, fire way to lose money in the market is to follow the herd.
- COMMUNICATE WITH PEOPLE EFFECTIVELY: No person is an island. Learn to understand and motivate others.
- TAKE RESPONSIBILITY: Otherwise, Nos. 1-9 won’t matter.
For those readers that are not familiar with Investor’s Business Daily – Similar to Wall Street Journal, but in my opinion much better.
Daniel Iuculano, AAMS CMFC
Accredited Asset Management Specialist
Chartered Mutual Fund Counselor